Monday, November 6, 2017

Time Warp & Ragnarok !

Well, well, well it has been a while !  Coincidently it was almost to the exact day that I went on-line and checked into this blog - what 6 years later !?!  Unfortunately I had no idea the email or password I used and could not make a post.  Since then I have found that info - obviously - and been to and just got back from the regional puppet festival in Indiana. That was this weekend !
It is Monday November 6th, 2017. I am still recovering. I am not the greatest traveler. Built for comfort and not for travel I guess. One of those people that are susceptible to motion sickness.  Anyway -
Time Warp !
Because it has been so long since I was last here.
Ragnarok !
Ragnarok (sp?)
 because...
  1. Marvel's movie THOR: RAGNAROK came out this weekend. I saw it. I enjoyed it.
  2. Around the indoor campfire - it was raining and our "campfire" consisted of us circled around a plastic bucket of pretzel sticks (which I brought with me from Ohio) sitting in chairs in the auditorium. [ Is this sentence as awkward to you as it seems to me? I've got a tad bit of a headache going. Travel lag?  Time change? ] - anyway a puppeteer from Chicago mentioned seeing Ragnarok & we fist bumped and discussed it. "Geeked Out" if you will.  Her favorite character was the giant wolf.  And I pulled out my remembered knowledge of Norse Mythology - from the report I did on the subject in 6th -Grade !!!  My main source a paperback copy of Bulfinch's Mythology - and we contrasted the myths vs. the movie.  Example being the giant wolf in the movie's parentage is never mentioned.  In mythology the wolf is Loki's son. Loki being a shape shifter and all. Understand this was not an in depth discussion. My knowledge came from the 6th grade & the Marvel comics I've read over the years.  I think we figured out the maybe 4 differences and between the 2 of us cobbled together one story about the wolf biting off the god of war's hand because the wolf was pissed because he was tricked into being bound.
  3. I did not go crazy in the puppet buying this year.  I got 2 hand puppet heads. One raw but nice of Judy that really could be used as Mr. Punch - at fist look I thought it was Mr. Punch - and a plastic toy like puppet head of a gray haired and mostly bald old man.  then I bought a snake puppet as a gift. 2 florescent orange gloves made out of fleece as a gift.  A dog puppet with a crooked mouth made out of a stuffed animal as a gift and a stuffed animal puppet of a gray wolf with his tongue hanging out. $3.00 for the wolf ?  Now at the time I was kind of baffled why I bought the wolf.  Just impulse. I was thinking Big Bad with pigs & with Little Red. Then I realized the next day wolf !  Ragnarok !  And just now I realized I also bought a snake or serpent if you will which was another creature that was instrumental in bringing about the Norse End of The World known as Ragnarok ! (that is if I am spelling it correctly !) And another of Loki's offspring !
So the wolf's name is Ragnarok or Rocky for short.  For now at least !
(edited on 11/13/2017)   

No comments:

Post a Comment