Monday, November 13, 2017

The Guild Card & A Certain Dog Puppet

The Guild !
At the Indiana puppet fest - I got my lamented guild membership card !
Oh, the things that make me happy !😊
(note: my first ever emoji in a blog post!)

Other things about the fest.
Laughing until I cried over and over with the crooked mouthed dog puppet.
I thought he had a Marlon Brando " I could have been a contender " - look about him.
I lip-synced to "Luck Be A Lady Tonight" from GUYS AND DOLLS sung by one of my roommates.  Having roommates well versed in musical theater helps when doing impromptu bits in the hotel room.
It was my roommates banter between themselves as they operated the puppet that killed me.
The set up was simple:
The dog asked if it could ask a question.
It waited patiently and politely until permission was granted.
And then it would ask the most horrible and funny questions !
The voice used was a kind of slow drawl. If forced to compare it to someone else I'd say the school counselor on South Park.  With maybe just a touch of Swing Blade in there.
I wish I had video of it to remember it by.
I am serious when I say the experience was like sitting in the room listening to Charlie McCarthy rip into Mae West.  Only not safe for old time radio.
And if Charlie was a stuffed animal dog that had been re-purposed as a pupped !               

No comments:

Post a Comment